This morning I did two presentations to two groups of grade 7/8 students for career week. My topic of course, being a Yoga Teacher and being an Aesthetician/Spa therapist.
I got into my car after and as I was driving, I realized, I am in a different place in life/ my career; I am in a place where kids and other people are starting to look up to me and actively listen to the words that I speak and my experiences that I have to tell. It’s a feeling of awe knowing that even just 1 out of all those kids were really taking in what I was sharing.
I have had role models in my life both close to me and people I barely knew; My grandparents being the most influential. Thought my grandmother passed away while I was at a young age and my grandfather passed away when I had returned to university at 21 years old, I was very much influenced by their strength, focus on the importance of community and their ability to see truth.
What does being a leader or a role model mean to me?
- Being your authentic self
- Having a caring and loving heart for others
- Continually educating yourself in order to help educate others
- Being open minded
- Having goals and setting out to accomplish them
- Having strength and courage in even the most difficult situations
- Help to lift others up so that they can become leaders/ role models themselves
- Present yourself and others with kindness
- Be open to change and execute stability through change
- Live a balanced life
Being a leader means more then just being a super hero, it means helping others see the best qualities in themselves and helping them achieve their greatness. We can be role models to anyone; kids, co-workers, neighbor, partner, friend, person serving you coffee in the morning.
Being a leader/ role model means making a difference.